Northern White Garlic Seeds
$12.00 – $19.00
Short Description: (More Information Below)
5-8 Large Cloves per Bulb
Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
Hardy, Full Flavored, HOT and Spicy Garlic
Large Sized, Long Storing
Northern White Garlic Seeds
If you are looking for a hardy, all-purpose garlic, Northern White garlic seeds are an excellent choice. Northern White is a Porcelain Garlic that typically has 4-8 symmetrical large cloves per bulb. Because of their large size, the cloves are easy to peel. Porcelains have become very popular, and for good reason, they have excellent flavor and grow big beautiful bulbs, which make them a great choice.
This variety is a hardneck garlic which means it will grow a garlic scape which is the flower of the garlic plant. The scape should be snapped off once the stem starts to curl to send the energy to the bulb rather than the flower. Garlic scapes are very tasty and can be used in stir-fry or however you use garlic currently.
This tall, dark and green plant is easy to grow and is resistant to a wide variety of diseases that usually infect garlic. It is well suited for growing in almost all states, however, its growth may be marginal in southern states with dry, hot early summers. Northern White originated in Northern Germany.
- We offer certified organic Northern White Garlic Seeds that are Certified by MOSA (Midwest Organic Services Association) to be organic.
- The garlic bulbs are typically 1-7/8″ – 2-1/2″ and are grown specifically for seed
- 4-8 Large Cloves per Bulb
- Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
- Hardy, Large Sized, Full Flavored, HOT and Spicy Garlic
- Long Storing, Late Winter/Early Spring.
Cool Garlic Facts:
- John Gunn recommended garlic as a diuretic, for treatment of infections, as a general tonic and for asthma, In Health Remedies garlic was recommended for lung diseases.
- It is from an Armenian village of Hadrut Karabach near the Azerbaijan border
- John King, American Dispensatory (1877) recommended garlic as a stomach tonic, for children’s diseases, coughs, hoarseness, catarrhs (inflammation of the mucous membranes especially sinuses), whooping-cough, and worms.
- Garlic was known as Russian Penicillin.
- In the 1950’s Chinese scientists used garlic to treat influenza.
- Garlic may change your genes, erase wrinkles, lower blood pressure, decrease fasting blood glucose, reduce cardiovascular risk, alleviate arthritis, reduce inflammation and more!
- Garlic also helps improve nutrition, it regulates iron metabolism and increases zinc and iron absorption from foods.
- Garlic may inhibit TB, and eliminate food poisoning microbes.
- The Word Garlic comes from Garleac, an old Anglo-Saxon word meaning “Spear Leek” It is from the lily (Liliaceae) family and related to onions, leeks, chives, and shallots.