Shantung Purple Garlic Seeds
6-8 Large Cloves per Bulb
Approx 38-48 Cloves/lb
Hot (especially when eaten raw)
Early Harvest, Stores 6-7 Months
Shantung Purple Turban Garlic Seeds
Shantung purple Turban Garlic seeds are a very beautiful variety. The skin of the shantung purple garlic Seeds has purple blotching on the outer wrappers and pink or earth tone on the clove itself. The taste of fabulous garlic seeds has a fiery hot flavor when raw. The Turban varieties mature weeks before the other varieties, if you want garlic seeds that are ready before all the other garlic, then shantung purple turban is the garlic for you.
This variety is a hardneck which means it will grow a garlic scape which is the flower of the garlic plant. The scape should be snapped off once the stem starts to curl to send the energy to the bulb rather than the flower. Garlic scapes are very tasty and can be used in stir-fry or however you use garlic currently.
This tall, dark and green plant is easy to grow and is resistant to a wide variety of diseases that usually infect garlic. It is well suited for growing in almost all states, however, its growth may be marginal in southern states with hot early summers.
- We offer certified organic Shantung Purple Garlic Seeds garlic that is certified by MOSA (Midwest Organic Services Association) to be organic.
- These garlic bulbs are 1 3/4″ – 2 1/4″ and are grown specifically for seed
- 6-8 Large Cloves per Bulb
- Approx 38-48 Cloves/lb
- Hardy, Large Sized, Full Flavored, HOT and Spicy Garlic
- Long Storing, Late Winter/Early Spring in cooler temperatures
Cool Garlic Facts:
- John Gunn recommended garlic as a diuretic, for treatment of infections, as a general tonic and for asthma, In Health Remedies garlic was recommended for lung diseases.
- It is from an Armenian village of Hadrut Karabach near the Azerbaijan border
- John King, American Dispensatory (1877) recommended garlic as a stomach tonic, for children’s diseases, coughs, hoarseness, catarrhs (inflammation of the mucous membranes especially sinuses), whooping-cough, and worms.
- Garlic was known as Russian Penicillin.
- In the 1950’s Chinese scientists used garlic to treat influenza.
- Garlic may change your genes, erase wrinkles, lower blood pressure, decrease fasting blood glucose, reduce cardiovascular risk, alleviate arthritis, reduce inflammation and more!
- Garlic also helps improve nutrition, it regulates iron metabolism and increases zinc and iron absorption from foods.
- Garlic may inhibit TB, and eliminate food poisoning microbes.
- The Word Garlic comes from Garleac, an old Anglo-Saxon word meaning “Spear Leek” It is from the lily (Liliaceae) family and related to onions, leeks, chives, and shallots
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.