Music Garlic Seeds
$12.00 – $19.00
4-6 Large Cloves per Bulb
Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
Easy to Grow, Hardy, Large Sized, Full Flavored Porcelain Garlic
Longer Storing Garlic, Late Winter/Early Spring
Music Garlic Seeds
Music Porcelain garlic seeds are one our most popular garlic seeds, It is one of the first varieties that we sell out of. With its robust, strong, and rich flavor it makes it one of the most desirable garlic seeds. Music garlic seeds are resistant to most of the diseases that can affect garlic. The Music garlic seeds are big and have beautiful looking garlic cloves with satiny white wrappers. Music garlic seeds were brought back to Canada by Al Music in the 1908’s from his homeland of Germany.
This variety is a hardneck which means it will grow a garlic scape which is the flower of the garlic plant. The scape should be snapped off once the stem starts to curl to send the energy to the bulb rather than the flower. Garlic scapes are very tasty and can be used in stir-fry or however you use garlic currently.
This tall, dark and green plant is easy to grow and is resistant to a wide variety of diseases that usually infect garlic. It is well suited for growing in almost all states, however, its growth may be marginal in southern states with hot early summers. Porcelain garlic is known to withstand extremely cold weathers ranging from -18 Degree F to -60 Degree F.
- We offer certified organic Music garlic seeds that are certified by MOSA (Midwest Organic Services Association) to be organic.
- These garlic bulbs are grown specifically for seed
- 4-6 Large Cloves per Bulb
- Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
- Hardy, Large Sized, Full Flavored Porcelain Garlic
- Long Storing, Late Winter/Early Spring in cooler temperatures
Cool Garlic Facts:
- John Gunn recommended garlic as a diuretic, for treatment of infections, as a general tonic and for asthma, In Health Remedies garlic was recommended for lung diseases.
- It is from an Armenian village of Hadrut Karabach near the Azerbaijan border
- John King, American Dispensatory (1877) recommended garlic as a stomach tonic, for children’s diseases, coughs, hoarseness, catarrhs (inflammation of the mucous membranes especially sinuses), whooping-cough, and worms.
- Garlic was known as Russian Penicillin.
- In the 1950’s Chinese scientists used garlic to treat influenza.
- Garlic may change your genes, erase wrinkles, lower blood pressure, decrease fasting blood glucose, reduce cardiovascular risk, alleviate arthritis, reduce inflammation and more!
- Garlic also helps improve nutrition, it regulates iron metabolism and increases zinc and iron absorption from foods.
- Garlic may inhibit TB, and eliminate food poisoning microbes.
- The Word Garlic comes from Garleac, an old Anglo-Saxon word meaning “Spear Leek” It is from the lily (Liliaceae) family and related to onions, leeks, chives, and shallots