Majestic Garlic Seeds
4-6 Large Cloves per Bulb
Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
Easy to Grow, Hardy, Large Sized, Mild Flavored Porcelain Garlic
Longer Storing Garlic, Late Winter/Early Spring
Majestic Porcelain Has Massive easy-to-peel Cloves that are great to use in your kitchen, Since it is a very mild flavoring garlic variety, it is especially great in raw dishes because it’s not too overpowering. Majestic seems to act a bit more Kingly then any other variety of garlic, it stands a tad bit taller than its neighbors and seems to hum. Majestic Garlic Seeds Originated from Canada and has an excellent storage life, it produces 4-6 large cloves per bulb and has approximately 20-25 cloves per pound.
This variety is a hardneck which means it will grow a garlic scape which is the flower of the garlic plant. The scape should be snapped off once the stem starts to curl to send the energy to the bulb rather than the flower. Garlic scapes are very tasty and can be used in stir-fry or however you use garlic currently.
This tall, dark and green plant is easy to grow and is resistant to a wide variety of diseases that usually infect garlic. It is well suited for growing in almost all states, like other Porcelains, majestic prefers colder climates. Porcelain garlic is known to withstand extremely cold weathers ranging from -18 Degree F to -60 Degree F.
- We offer certified organic Majestic Garlic Seeds that are certified by MOSA (Midwest Organic Services Association) to be organic.
- These garlic bulbs are grown specifically for seed
- 4-6 Large Cloves per Bulb
- Approx 20-25 Cloves/lb
- Hardy, Large Sized, Full Flavored, HOT and Spicy Garlic
- Long Storing, Late Winter/Early Spring in cooler temperatures
The Word Garlic comes from Garleac, an old Anglo-Saxon word meaning “Spear Leek” It is from the lily (Liliaceae) family and related to onions, leeks, chives, and shallots. German White Porcelain is originally from Germany and can withstand warmer winters, and extremely cold weathers. It is nicknamed “The Workhorse Porcelain.” For over 5,000 years garlic has been used for Food and Medicine.
Cool Garlic Facts:
- John Gunn recommended garlic as a diuretic, for treatment of infections, as a general tonic and for asthma, In Health Remedies garlic was recommended for lung diseases.
- John King, American Dispensatory (1877) recommended garlic as a stomach tonic, for children’s diseases, coughs, hoarseness, catarrhs (inflammation of the mucous membranes especially sinuses), whooping-cough, and worms.
- Garlic was known as Russian Penicillin.
- In the 1950’s Chinese scientists used garlic to treat influenza.
- Garlic may change your genes, erase wrinkles, lower blood pressure, decrease fasting blood glucose, reduce cardiovascular risk, alleviate arthritis, reduce inflammation and more!
- Garlic also helps improve nutrition, it regulates iron metabolism and increases zinc and iron absorption from foods.
- Garlic may inhibit TB, and eliminate food poisoning microbes.